Food & Paint with Habibi Falafel
Our love for all things illustrated + watercolour, along with our fetish for food, combines to bring out this series of workshops on ‘Food & Paint’. Join us as we collaborate with different food establishments across the city, bringing to you some of our favourite meals at every session.
So much of our social interaction revolves around sharing a meal together. And while we may make the time to eat and converse, we may be unaware of the story behind what’s on our plate. Be it the ingredients, the aroma’s, the plating or the creator of the dish, there are many stories to tell.
Our ‘Food & Paint’ series of workshops, intends to introduce you to the world of watercolours, while you paint and share a meal together. Bringing out the stories of the food and the people behind.
What we will cover:
- Basic watercolour techniques
- Quick and loose style of painting food
- Methods to add depth and character to your watercolour sketches
- Explore different ways of depicting food
- Discover the unique ingredients of the levantine cuisine
- Also unravel the story of Habibi Falafel’s journey from Palestine to Bengaluru!
WHO COULD ATTEND
- Anyone wanting to incorporate basic watercolour in their sketches
- Lovers of food and journaling
- Ages 16+
- No prior knowledge of drawing is required
Our workshops are a platform for us to share our knowledge and spread the spirit of joyful appreciation of the little things in life. These workshops are intended to provide one with the opportunity to pause, notice and appreciate the habitual things that we do, the people that we meet, the food that we eat, tracing the journeys of the seemingly mundane. A celebration of life as we know
Registration fee: Rs.2400/person
Inclusive of all materials + worksheets + lunch + snacks